Pearle Vision OneDay
Pearle Vision store #7814 in Sherwood Park, asks for your help with our annual OneDay event on December 10, 2019. This event is held in conjunction with OneSight, a non-profit organization dedicated to improving vision for those in need internationally, in Canada and right here in Strathcona County and their ABSee program dedicated specifically to help Children see. OneDay is an opportunity for members of our community who need an eye exam or new eyeglasses and cannot ordinarily afford them on their own to receive a complete eye exam and new eyewear from our store and our onsite doctors of optometry, at no charge. This year we are targeting youth, aged 4 to 18 in Strathcona County and would appreciate your assistance in identifying at least 20 children in financial need who may require new eyeglasses.
We will be booking eye exams in the days leading up to OneDay. The event itself will be held on December 10, 2019 between noon and 8:00pm. We will be doing eyewear fittings for all children who require new glasses, in a relaxed environment with some small refreshments. Due to the privacy requirements of PIPEDA, we will require that all children come to OneDay accompanied by a parent or responsible guardian who can sign a privacy consent form on their behalf, to allow us to prescribe and dispense eyeglasses to them.
This event is being coordinated by Tayler Laurence and Kelsey Peters, either they or our store manager, Peggy Holt, can be reached in our store during regular mall hours at 780-467-9595 if you have any questions about OneDay.
Thank you for your time.
Tayler Laurence and Kelsey Peters
Pearle Vision #7814
Oral Health Program
School Oral Health Services
- The Oral Health Program will be coming to your child’s school to offer free fluoride varnish for all children from Kindergarten to grade 2.
- We will also provide free dental sealants for all grade1and 2 students who need them.
- If your grade 3 child received sealants from us last year, we will recheck and repair/complete them if needed. A consent package will be sent home with the grade 3 children who had sealants placed last year.
- You can expect a consent package to come home Friday, September 5th, 2019.
- Please read, fill out, sign and return the consent forms to your school by Friday, September 30th, 2019.
- The Oral Health team will be at your school Feb 24th to 26th, 2020. If you have any questions please call Christine, RDH at Vegreville CHC/PH at 780-631-0016.