Mundare School is in the town of Mundare and has 23 staff members serving 170 students in Pre-Kindergarten to Grade 8. The school features a full-size gymnasium and a well-equipped, spacious library. Mundare is unique because of its student-focused approach and single-graded classrooms.
Field trips, assemblies, guest speakers, and special events are scheduled throughout the year to enrich regular programming. Students, staff, and families spend time together working and having fun with school projects, potluck meals, and many family events.
Tracy Doerksen, Assistant Principal
Mundare School is a school of Dignity & Respect
To provide a safe and caring environment that promotes individual growth and personal success.
Students learn best when they:
- feel safe and happy and are enjoying learning
- value their work and see that it is valued by others
- apply their learning in meaningful contexts
- see that their efforts make a difference to themselves, to the school and to others
- see the important people in their lives working together
We believe that an effective education is based upon a partnership between the school, the home and the community. We encourage and are appreciative of the involvement of the home and the community in the life of the school.
Programs and Services
Regular programming (Pre-K-8)
Enhanced Physical Education (Grades 1-6)
Christian Ethics (optional program for Grades 1-8)
Pre-K/PALS (special programming for 3-6 year olds)
French as a Second Language (Grades 4-6)
Hand chimes (Grades 3-4)
Everything we do is about helping children achieve all that they can be. It’s about believing in dreams and building the hope needed to achieve them.
We engage, motivate and inspire by focusing on individual strengths, interests, real-world activities, and building partnerships with our families.
We teach children what they need to have successful futures. Mundare School has been serving our community for over 60 years. Come see and feel the difference.
2018 / 2019 Parent Survey Results
The results are now available for the 2018-19 EIPS Parent Survey conducted in March. Thank you to all families who took the time to share their feedback with the Division. The survey included 21 questions related to the three priorities outlined in the EIPS 2018-22 Four-Year Education Plan:
Priority 1: Promote growth and success for all students
Priority 2: Enhance high quality learning and working environments
Priority 3: Enhance public education through effective engagement, partnerships and communication
The overall Division results represent 3,713 responses from parents and guardians across the Division. This was an increase in responses from 2,918 in the previous year.
The survey results for Mundare School have helped us identify the following areas of strength and opportunities for growth.
Areas of strength:
- Parents feel that Mundare School is a safe place for all students
- Parents feel that Mundare School informs them well about the progress of their child
- Parents feel that Mundare School is in good/excellent physical condition
Opportunities for growth:
- Parents feel that they do not know what resources are available to support their child at Mundare School
- Parents feel that they are not sure what community partnerships are available or happening within Mundare School
- Parents feel that they don’t know how/if discipline is handled fairly at Mundare School
The feedback gathered will help our school and the Division measure its progress toward meeting the priorities and goals outlined in the EIPS 2018-22 Four-Year Education Plan and develop strategies to better serve students and the wider community moving forward.
Parent Survey Results: Division (LINK WILL BE ADDED BY MAY 3)
Parent Survey Results: Parent Results: Mundare School