Mundare is a vibrant and growing school and community. Enrollment has increased dramatically over the past couple of years as new people move into the area and discover the great school that awaits their children. Currently, the school is small enough-with a student population of approximately 200, from ECS to Gr. 8. This offers an enviable educational environment. Our Gr.7 and 8 programs started in 2008 are now in full swing. Students enjoy a quality of school life that is but a dream in many places today:
- small class sizes
- special needs classes for children
- unlimited access to the library, computer lab and mobile computer cart
- individualized attention from both teachers and educational assistants
- personal atmosphere-everyone knows everyone, no one is lost in the crowd
Both the physical and the educational horizons are broad at Mundare School. Situated 45 minutes east of Edmonton on the edge of the town of Mundare. Certainly, we can see for a long way over the prairie landscape, but students also discover that their learning horizons can be even broader than the longest view. In the past school year alone, students have:
- competed in track and field competitions
- participated in a music festival
- presented a Christmas Concert that is a highlight of the year in Mundare
- enjoyed the Alberta Opera and various theatrical performances
- learned band or hand chimes (in grades 4 to 8)
- skied (cross-country and downhill), snow-shoed, skated, swimming lessons, and golfed
- enjoyed field trips to the Ukrainian Cultual Village, Space and Science Center, Fort Edmonton Park
- Gr. 7 & 8 outdoor education excursions
- like all schools in Alberta, we develop a special focus each year in our School Education Plan.
Our students educational exeriences are varied in the Arts, Sciences and Humanities and whose basic skills are firmly established in Language Arts and Mathematics! At Mundare School, students begin their careers as lifelong learners.
Parent Teacher Interview Booking
School interviews can be booked online this year. Please click the link below and follow the instructions.
New School Fee Invoicing System – ACORN
Elk Island Public Schools (EIPS) has implemented a new school fee management system, ACORN, to streamline the payment process for parents and school administrators. The new system synchronizes with all aspects of PowerSchool, our division student information system. ACORN also includes a number of features that parents have been requesting, such as online payments.
These new features include:
- Online payment options for parents to pay with Visa and MasterCard.
- The ability to view all students in EIPS and make one payment.
- The ability to make payments when and where you want 24/7.
- One-stop point of contact through the PowerSchool Parent Portal.
- The ability to pay additional field trip fees online throughout the year.
Important dates for families:
- EIPS will send out student fee invoices on September 23.
- Online payment through the Parent Portal will be available starting September 23.
- Fees are due October 31.
- Please note: Fee payments will be applied to educational fees first. Therefore, payments are first applied to the Learning Resource Fee, followed by Non-Core Fees, and finally Non-Instructional Fees.
PowerSchool Parent Portal
Welcome to Mundare School PowerSchool Portal
PowerSchool Portal provides parents and students access to information, such as, attendance, assignment descriptions, due dates, and student progress. This information allows parents and staff to help students in reaching their learning goals.
Sign in is easy through the Mundare School website home page:
In your browser go to http://www.mundareschool.ca/
1. Click on the PowerSchool link PowerSchool
2. The PowerSchool Portal Logon window will appear.
Previously, the Parent Portal was only available for parents of junior and senior high students. Beginning this year, the Parent Portal enables parents to create a single sign-on for all elementary, junior high, and senior high students in one family. If you have already registered on the Parent Portal with junior and/or senior high students, you will now be able to add your elementary-aged student.
All parents of elementary students and those who are brand new to the division in any grade will receive a letter from the school outlining the information needed to link the elementary student to the existing parent account and/or set up a new parent account. Once the parent account is created, you will not need to create a new account each year. The account information will follow your students as long as they are enrolled in an EIPS school.
If you have difficulty creating a new Parent Portal account, an instructional video is available on the Parent Portal login page at https://powerschool.eips.ca/public/home.html or on the division website at http://www.eips.ca/powerschool.
Please note that at the elementary school level, only student attendance and student fees will be available through the Parent Portal. Ongoing assessment will continue through the eLuminate program outside of PowerSchool.
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to call the school.
NOTE: The parent portal will be unavailable EVERY Sunday between 9:00 and 10:00 pm due to scheduled regular maintenance.