As we work together through this difficult time, our staff would like to take this opportunity to reassure you that we are working hard to provide the best possible learning situation for your child.
As your child moves from the traditional classroom to an alternative environment, the way of learning shifts. Teachers are working at creating online classrooms using Google Classroom to support learning, to communicate with students, and to assess progress. Please be mindful that this shift will take some time. This is a unique learning situation for everyone involved, and teachers are working diligently to find ways to meet technology requirements while working from home, choosing online resources that best meet student needs, and navigating best practices to keep in close contact with their students.
Teachers will be in contact with you either electronically or by phone to help ensure that you are logged into the Google classroom platform.
- Teachers will begin posting assignments on Monday, April 6, 2020.
At this time, teachers will focus on Language Arts and Mathematics (K-6)
- Teachers will begin online instruction in Science and Social Studies on Monday, April 20, 2020 (K-6)
- Teachers will post assignments, lessons, etc. twice a week. Assignments will be posted on Monday and Thursday by 12:00 p.m.
- In the event there is no school on a Monday, postings will be done by Tuesday at 12:00 p.m.
- Our junior high students will have all of their core work posted on Mondays and Thursdays beginning Monday April 6, 2020.
- Considerations for other subject area instruction may follow, as we receive direction from Alberta Education.
- School days will include a scheduled “office period” for all teachers, providing an opportunity for telephone communication between teachers, parents and students.
- Teachers will be available for live/real-time communication with their individual students and/or parents during portions of the school day.
- Your teacher will contact you to set up the schedule.
- Parents and students can send emails to teachers and will receive a reply during regularly scheduled school bell times.
- We recognize that not all students will have access to technology. If this is the case for you, please contact the school and we will find ways to accommodate your needs.
Preparing for online learning:
- Please familiarize yourself and your child with Google Classroom, as this will be the primary platform of instruction.
For detailed instructions on how to navigate this site, please refer to this link.
As we continue to work in partnership with you, please know that our priority is your child’s learning. We will continue to strive for clear and open communication through this time.
Our entire school team hopes that you and your family are doing well. We miss the students and all the positive energy they bring to our school every day.